View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 07:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
amberly

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
Hi Amberly, just thinking around a compromise where you would be formally separated, he would live elsewhere, and you would see how it goes. But only if that's what you want. If you were to try it, would it be because you are sorry for him, or because you love him enough to try? He's never going to be the person he was, but could you love the new version?
Getting ongoing treatment would have to be a key to his recovery. He's currently in a situation where he's supported, has no access to alcohol, and is undergoing treatment. Once he leaves he'll be faced with many real-life challenges.
From your details, especially the loaded gun incident, I would not under any circumstances, live with him again unless he undergoes long-term, active, recovery. I'm horrified that you've gone through it. Do you now have PTSD?
FeelingGreat, I am almost sad to say that we are so dysfunctional that the gun incident didn'teven scare me. I was just surprised because I didn't know the gun was there. How messed up is my head that I was more worried about him hurting himself than I was about me?