View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
kzaug2014

Good morning C4g,

Congrats on 1wk.!

I wouldn't worry about your bf too much ( you need to concentrate on you. )

My bf from childhood is also an alcoholic ( actually cross addicted. ) We've been bf's for 33yrs.

In 2002, I let her & her 2 girls come live w/my family. I had no idea what a mean, nasty drunk she had become because I had moved an hr away 4yrs. prior & had lost touch w/her during that time.

She came from a very long line of alcoholics ( parents & all 11 siblings were alcoholics. ) She swore she'd never be like them ( very familiar story. )

Before she started drinking heavily, she was the most wonderful person I had ever met ( king, loving, giving, compassionate, ect... )

I realized she had become an alcoholic immediately as she'd down a case of beer everyday before going to her 2nd shift job. And, this woman must have had the tolerance of an elephant, because she never seemed drunk to me ( until she came home from work @ midnight & preceded to drink herself into a stuper! )

She also became very verbally abusive. She would call her own daughters slits, bitches, whores, ect... I was flabbergasted!!! And needless to say, this started a lot of major fights between her & I.

I put up w/2mo's of that insanity ( for the kids sake ) & then kicked her out! She wasn't the bf I had always known!

I didn't talk to her for about 5yrs ( I'm very stubborn when it comes to subjecting myself to abuse in any form! ) But, we managed to patch things up & I just talked to her for about an hour this wk.! And I love her!

Things have a way of working themselves out!

Everyone's here for you!