View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 01:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by killerinstinct View Post
I still feel anger towards my ex even though I try channeling it out through healthy ways it's still there? I know I can't force myself to get over it as the world would wish me too but some days and some very early mornings I have flash backs of the cheating the stealing and the lieing and him and his new life and I feel so angry.
I don't think there's anything wrong with being angry. You have good reasons to be angry. Anger only becomes a problem when you allow it to dictate your decision making.

At my worse, killer, when my AXGF really, really p*ssed me off one night on the phone, I took my least favorite guitar, went outside, and smashed it to bits on my driveway. It wasn't until I got into Al Anon and starting listening to how other people coped with madness that I was able to honestly acknowledge to myself that when I did stupid sh*t like that, it was a choice. And a bad one at that.

My ex is what she is. Your ex is what he is. There is nothing either one of us to change someone else's faulty wiring and character. Remind yourself of that, and then slowly try to let it go.