View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BlueChair

I would say people should first look at the information given below and it will help them understand what they should ask for when looking for evidence based treatment. I would suggest asking what % of the program relies on these types of treatments or you might end up with the bare minimum to appease the insurance provider.

Heres some info on what types of questions to ask, and link to the Behavioral Health Treatment Finder from Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services.
1-800-622-HELP

Introduction | National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)

We found out what kind of treatment my husband needed by asking his medical doctor lots of questions, then my Inlaws did research and actually visited the rehab before recommending it. Some people dont need inpatient, and can use local outpatient centers and continue to live at home, go to work, care for their children. Other people might use an addiction doctor who is trained in behavioral therapies. My husband still works with his doctor, and its no longer as much about his addiction as its about managing stress and improving problem solving skills to so he leads an overall healthy life.