Non 12-Step Rehab Question?

Old 03-19-2015, 11:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

Non 12-Step Rehab Question?

Can anyone provide a list of Non-12 Step long-term rehabs where someone can receive personalized, evidence-based treatment for no or low cost for someone without insurance or very little means to pay for treatment?
Old 03-20-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would say people should first look at the information given below and it will help them understand what they should ask for when looking for evidence based treatment. I would suggest asking what % of the program relies on these types of treatments or you might end up with the bare minimum to appease the insurance provider.

Heres some info on what types of questions to ask, and link to the Behavioral Health Treatment Finder from Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services.
1-800-622-HELP

Introduction | National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)

We found out what kind of treatment my husband needed by asking his medical doctor lots of questions, then my Inlaws did research and actually visited the rehab before recommending it. Some people dont need inpatient, and can use local outpatient centers and continue to live at home, go to work, care for their children. Other people might use an addiction doctor who is trained in behavioral therapies. My husband still works with his doctor, and its no longer as much about his addiction as its about managing stress and improving problem solving skills to so he leads an overall healthy life.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

Thanks for the link, I've seen it dozens of times. But, what the question was, is do you know of any actual rehab centers?
Old 03-20-2015, 02:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Cynical one, it is hard to help not knowing what country or state you are in.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

Anywhere in the entire USA.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This might be a good question for the Main Friends and Family forum as Evidence Based Treatments can be found in both Non 12 step, and 12 step treatment centers. Blue made a good point.. a medical consumer has to investigate the statement "evidence based" to see what treatments are offered, and to what degree.. For example is there 1hr per week or 12 hrs per week of CBT and other therapies available. Families and patients have to do their own research based on their own preferences and needs.

If you use the SAMHSA treatment finder then you can select options such as long term residential, short term, etc.. you can select options such as sliding scale.. among a host of other options to narrow search criteria. I do not see a button for "evidence based" however you can search for treatment facilities that use medications for opiate addiction such as naltrexone. A quick look at websites will usually tell you what they offer in terms of treatment and payment options.

For example, I did a quick search and found Phoenix House.. they use evidence based methods, offer a sliding scale for payment, accept insurance, offer variable length of treatment. Have locations across the USA. I believe you prefer 12 step treatment CO.. this center clearly states that they offer 12 step support groups for those who would like to use it, but it is not required for patients to do so.

I think you could also call the hotline for assistance.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

Thank you.