View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 10:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
FeelingGreat
Sober since 10th April 2012

Originally Posted by eternalLiberty View Post
Thank you FellingGreat, but when you say "Once I finally clicked" Once I finally clicked, I could easily resist." Are you talking about "easily resisting" the white knuckling? or never have IT in the first place?
It's hard to describe, but I finally became motivated, and not just on the day after a hangover. You still have cravings, but you also have deep determination not to give in to them.
I'm going through the same thing now with losing weight. I know I have to, but I don't seem to find the motivation, and so when I feel like eating something I shouldn't, I give in.
My point with the alcohol, was I didn't have that strong motivation to start with, but I spent some time reading up on alcoholism, spoke to my doctor, thought about it, and it did motivate me in the end. Once I had that, I was strong enough to resist the cravings.

PS: that process you describe in point form sounds stress induced to me. Try stopping it in it's tracks by taking 5 deep breaths, concentrating only on your body.