View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
thomas11

Originally Posted by DrunkenDonuts View Post
Hi Carl. I don't know about coke but I could have a point of speed and save some for the next day or a tab of acid.

With alcohol, I have been known to just have one or two drinks and call it a night, but that has always been in situations where I was expected to remain under control. Get me alone on a Saturday with nothing happening and I'll have three beers. Then six. Nine. Perhaps I'll start on the rum. One bottle. Black out. Sunday - top of the list on waking up is to buy more rum. A couple bottles then nothing matters for the next few days or weeks.

So while technically i could have one or two then stop, It's just safer not to start in the first place.

-- edit - this sounds like I can control my drinking. I can't. Right situation to begun drinking and after that it doesn't matter what situation. Missing work - last year I missed my own birthday. All the family were there but me. I don't really know why.

Drunkendonuts, I hear ya, but that's sad. I think you know that by now. I understand, and I hope you can turn it around. Its not right. I've been there.