View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 12:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
thomas11

One beer, one drink, its over.

I have a question for folks on this site and I certainly don't want to bring up bad feelings, or offend anyone. That being said, my major is in Biology, and my minor is in Psychology. So, I'm a science guy.

I have never completely understood individuals who have stated clearly that once they have a beer, a glass of wine, a drink...its over. They simply cannot stop until the train crashes. Now, to a certain extent I get it, because I had an uncle who went sober for anywhere from 2-6 years at a time, but once he had that first glass of whiskey, it was 6-10 weeks of shenanigans or nonsense or whatever you want to call it. The last few times he was found in the isle of a cub foods, with a half a bottle of mouthwash next to him.

For those of you that have been through the ups and downs, is this how it really is?

I'm not trying to pull information out of you that maybe you don't want to share. I will tell you embarrassingly, that years ago, I used to use cocaine on occasion. When i did, I/we didn't stop until it was gone. Save some for tomorrow? forget it, use it until tomorrow. to take it a step further, these guys didn't use in grams, it was stealing from kilo's so it was bad. That whole life is completely behind me, but I can't imagine drinking a beer and not stopping. But at the same time, I can't imagine doing coke for 4 hrs and stopping. Is there a similarity?