View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 02:29 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Northlander

Marcher, thanks for posting links to mobilize Team Marcher when one of our own needs back-up! I feel like we’re all members of the Justice League.

Trach, hoping today finds you well.

Gilmer, hope the content feeling lasts a nice long time.

Ken, the accident you described is why we decided to leave the Keys the night before our flight, so we wouldn’t get stuck on the only road out of town.

Safe journey, Babs.

1Day, congrats again on your benchmark and thanks for your post.

Toots, you doing okay or still “meh”?

VC, it is always good to hear from you and your Dad’s journey has been pretty incredible. Glad to hear you’re being proactive and have good friends for support.

Dee, wonderful to have you back.

We, Shoes, DD, MeSo, how is life treating you?

Sass-a-frass, glad to hear your friend is back and determined. We fall but we do get up.

Thanks for asking about the prison gig, VC and Sass. Last night was week 3 in the big house, the hoosegow, da joint, Penn State, up the river, etc. etc. I am desensitized to the setting and not afraid or nervous when I go in. The guys are very engaged after something of a slow start, and my problem now is just how much they are writing (and of course wanting me to read and comment on everything they have written).

I do think about the victims’ families and wonder what they would make of me, teaching the men who stole the lives of their loved ones. In all honesty, I am grateful some of these guys will never see the outside of a prison ever again. At the same time, many were under the influence of alcohol and/or other drugs when they did what they did, and I shouldn’t be so smug as to believe that I could never have ended up in prison if I kept drinking. So many of these guys would give anything to change just a few moments of their pasts.