Thread: Walls...
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 09:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
inthekeyofg
July 4, 2014

Wow, I most certainly needed to hear this!

Thank you!

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
Some of what you describe sounds normal to me. I had to become more accepting of who i was and be ok with the fact that hey i'm an introvert i like more alone time i'm not the most social person and that is ok it is just how i am.

I also keep up my guard and then sometimes seemingly have no guard at all. sometimes i get burned becuase of this. I like to keep people at a distance from me. It keeps me safe. I do not see this as a problem. I see this as this is how i am. It becomes a problem if it bothers me or causes some kind of an issue.

For example my wife would like it if i was more out going more social and spent more time with some of her friends. I on the other hand keep these folks at a distance. It protects my emotions. I dont want or have the ablity to mingle with these folkds just for the sake of mingling. I like to to have a few meaningful relationships rather then tons of socialization i do just for the sake of socializing. I come out of my shell now and then and entertain these folks. But seeing as how we have little if anything in common and I do not exactly see some great bonds forming I just leave it at that.

Point is sometimes our behavior is fine its just how we are and we have to acept it as such. Other times yeah we gotta get out of our shells.