View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 12:36 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
sobercousin

The horrible headache has gone from my hangover today and I can finally string together complete thoughts! God willing, that will be my last hangover.

Again, thank you all for the support - I'm sure I will be posting with my progress and issues. I got a little choked up here at my desk at work, which is a first for me.

I know that my drinking has no benefit, I don't want to continue, and I can not control my drinking in moderation. It has only negatively impacted my life. I would be a better person had I never drank, but since I can't change that, I will be a better person by no longer drinking. If only my AV could be rational and understand all of that

Tonight shouldn't be an issue. I have chamomile tea and coconut water. I've gotten a handful of sober nights under my belt over the past 30 days. I feel on top of the world the morning after. Day 2 is where I give in.

Tomorrow evening I have a gardening meeting, so I'll be out of the house and distracted for some of the night. I'm embarrassed to say I don't know when I was sober for 2 nights in a row was. I'd venture to say it has been 3+ years.