View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Lenina

Good morning, kids! I slept and feel mich better.

I am going to have to rally and get out to get supplies.

I like snails with lots and lots of butter and garlic. Haven't had them in years.

I guess I got a late start in life on drinking. I didn't like it. Drank a few time in high school, threw up and had a terrible hangover and didn't repeat it again for years. It was always about not being able to sleep. At one point I was working two jobs and going to school and still wasn't able to sleep. Someone suggested brandy. Yuck. Sherry. Yuckier. And didn't work anyway. But as time went on Andi was in my mid and late 20s I could drink alone to pass out sleep. At least it was shutting down for a while and real stupid. It was never for fun or to party.

I guess I'm very lucky most drugs make me sick in some way. Who know how much troubled i may have had? And I was back and forth, up and down. Somehow didn't completely ruin my life or my health. But every time I would drink again, it was worse. I felt worse, I needed more and it didn't work. I don't know why I would always think it might. So strange.

I've got seven years now. Rational Recovery works for me. The Theory of it makes sense. AA is a very good plan to clean up ones life and get stuff in order. I think it's important to do something every day for sobriety, so we don't forget. It's important to do some self care every day. To do something fun too. I think when we are in the grip of addiction, we forget how to have fun. Crazy.

OK, I'll be around this week.

Love from Lenina