Notices

The Daily Sans-Cow Journal

Old 03-12-2015, 04:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

The Daily Sans-Cow Journal

Take a break, Cow, and the Cowniverse will be here when you get back. But, I"m countin' cows till you get back. We make about 20 a week.

Maybe I need to send you a princess outfit?

AddictGuy: You tired of bad food? Check out our recipe thread: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...pe-thread.html
Old 03-12-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am in and will bring snacks
Old 03-12-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Omnivore

I wanted to post on Cow's thread about what I'm up to. I missed it though. (Thanks AG ... ten posts a day! Lol, just kidding. ) I thought it might cheer up Cow in a schenfrund way.. (I can't spell in English so give me a break with Geman pease).

I thought it might cheer up Cow to hear I was up to me ears in sewage in my basement the same day I discovered that there was a thing you could get on your roof called an "ice dam" that caused massive leaking through the first to the second floor. These completely unrelated conditions came up for me the same day! I've lived here all my life and never heard of a freaking ice dam.

Now I missed the end of Cow too. Oh well. See you all next thread.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I'm familiar with ice dams. As in driving along and losing all traction. "Ice, DAMN!"

What snacks, Della?
Old 03-12-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Old 03-12-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

We will see what everyone wants. You can bring some too I have seen some of your recipes

They just had a big thing on the news about the ice dams here this year. Bad news!
Old 03-13-2015, 12:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Popcicle's ? Hmmmmmm...

Hey. I'am in Florida.

DD
Old 03-13-2015, 10:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Robby, I am sorry to hear about this latest surgery. thank you for sharing with us.

Trach, thanks for the new thread. I knew you'd come through.

Good to see you. WBYR! I am overly tired and I want to go home.

It's a good day to be sober. I don't thing I ever had a "pink cloud" and I got better slowly. It took a long time for my body chemistry to settle down. Today, I know I can't go back. I wouldn't make it out again.

I'm going to make a lavender herbal tea someone gave me to see ifi can sleep. It's always the lck of sleep that gets me. It feeds the depressions, the anxieties, pains and agitation.

Love from Lenina
Old 03-13-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Omnivore

It is so quiet without Cow! I'm having to detox from Cow and friends.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I'm in a baking snacks mood so: Get a tube of crescent rolls. Roll each one out and slice into two triangles. Brush with maple syrup. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Roll up and bake till golden. Share if you have to.

Cow just needs some green space. We have a pretty good group rapport in the Cowniverse so keep on keeping on.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Those sound awesome! I would not share.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ya**!

... Someone told me there would be food here!
Old 03-13-2015, 09:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Trach, those sound yummy! I will make those for certain. I bet pecans would be good too.

OK, I slept a while and my call comes in 35 minutes. sleep. What a blessed thing! I'll head back home and be there late Saturday night until the 26th. got some good art shows in town, The Dead Sea Scrolls, a Frida Kahlo exhibit. Will also be doing my FTP (Feed the People) things. Grateful I can share.

OK, gotta check the email. Everyone sleep well and have an organized Saturday.

Love from Lenina
Old 03-14-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Yaaaa I want to go see the scrolls! At the science center right? I go there often for Endeavour can't get enough
Old 03-14-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Tonks! We saw the Endeavor too! good stuff! We try to get out and see different things in town. keeps the cobwebs from settling in! If you keep your eyes and ears open, there's lots of free things around too at the schools and bookstores. Do you listen to KCRW?

I'm enroute home now. You all will be pleased to know no bodies had to be buried or bails raised so it was a good day!

I'm putting together a baked ziti for tomorrow night, unless someone has a better idea for a pot luck quick, easy and tasty for 12-18 servings?

I saw an extremely hungover guy this morning, man o man he was miserable. I thought, I am so glad I don't live that way any more. I also reflected a bit on how tricky the Addictive Voice is. It's been my observation most addicts are pretty smart. I think that is why we get so messed up. Our creative minds can come up with the biggest BS lies to suck us back into the misery.

Hope everyone is finding something good in today.

love from Lenina
Old 03-14-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

My mom has never understood my addiction. She always says "but you are so very smart" like that should give me immunity.

I heart baked ziti.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:15 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Lenina, I saw a guy buying a huge bottle of cheap vodka at 9 am and his hands were shaking. I remember hating to hand over cash if my hands were shaking. I agree so happy to not live like that anymore.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Puffy! Good to see you! Yes, looking back I don't know how I managed. Seeing those who still suffer brings it back. How are you doing?

Do you have any opinion on okra?

love from Lenina
Old 03-14-2015, 10:06 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I would be doing a little bit better if it wasn't so hot. I live in San Diego and we aren't used to it being too hot since many of us by the beach do not have air conditioning. No opinion on okra... sad to say I never had it. Maybe I "Fear the Okra". I should give it a try I guess. I've heard some pretty good arguments for it on this board.
Old 03-14-2015, 11:14 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I just got home and Puffy is right! It's hot! I don't mean warm, it's hot! Hubert picked me in shorts and flip flops, I was in turtled neck sweater ( no offense, Trach) and a quilted long coat! Thought I was gonna roast like a pod of okra on a grill in Georgia on a July afternoon!

So, let's all meet back here tomorrow and enjoy a sober Sunday. I may not have the energy to do the Sea Scrolls, but maybe see to household chores.

Hey Della, did you ever see a play called "Tony and Tina's Wedding"? It was like going to a real wedding of some distant cheesy relative and catching up on all the family gossip starting at the church wedding to the reception and dinner ( baked ziti and garlic toast) and a wild dance with family brawl. Hilarious good fun. I've never looked at baked ziti the same!

I'll be around.

Love from LeeLee