View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 08:28 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Kelslol

Originally Posted by BlueChair View Post
Its ok to share here, dont be sorry for what u feel.

My husbands addiction doctor suggested he not drink either at least for a while. Hes not been a big beer drinker, and in all our years Ive never worried about his drinking usually it would be a couple glasses of wine, or maybe one harder drink once in a while. I was all for the idea of No drinking because I was worried about cross addiction too. Better safe than sorry is what I felt.

But he was upfront with the doctor and me about how he wanted to see if he could drink socially, never for emotional reasons, or to escape. So far hes done ok with it. He kept telling me either he would learn it was going to cause him problems and he would give it up, or he would keep awareness and drink normally. And he said only time would tell, and if he could manage it, then he said he'd I would begin to feel more confident and less afraid. Yes this has happened.

I guess I see both sides. My concern was fear for him and never wanting him to be sick again. But at the same time I had to respect his decision and deal with my emotions around it. I think it helped a little because I knew he was of sound mind and making the decision with considered thought. I know Ive got a few posts here about it I think.

Dont let any of this ruin your evening with your dad. Its his night and Im sure hes looking forward to spending it with you.
Ya and I've seen people be totally fine with drinking after they were addicted to a different drug. I think im more upset that he hid it from me. He told me he would be 100% honest with me and not lie to me. In the beginning he told me he chewed one night at a softball game (he gave that up as well) and I told him I appreciated his honesty and he told me he wouldn't keep anything from me. I feel like he isn't trying at as
lol. I shouldn't have had to ask to find out the answer. He doesn't consider that lying. He said if he lied then he would have told me no. He doesn't get it. I'm on my last straw. This is not the guy i married. I feel so alone right now cuZ my two girlfriends that know everything are both on vacation so I'm not going to call them. It's funny cuz now i just want to drink a bottle of wine and forget my troubles (im not an alcoholic nor am I even close to being one)