View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Stubbs16

Originally Posted by happytobealive1 View Post
Not feeling well. Waves of panic and anxiety keep washing over my head. My stomach hurts and I honestly don't even know if it's because of anxiety, hormonal fluctuations, or having eaten too much. I'm inclined to think it's the first, because this has happened before family get-togethers at least once in the past. Tonight and tomorrow I will be with my entire family, all day, with many large meals planned---my family's Saturdays essentially revolve around food, which has always driven me crazy. With my stomach and anxiety the way they are, I can't even imagine eating.

I don't know how I'm going to make it through tonight and tomorrow. I just can't wait for break to be over so I can go back to my own secure little life. I want my stomach to stop hurting and I want this anxiety and panic to stop hurting and I want to feel ok and strong and calm and loving and good and excited about spending this time with my family---whom I love, at least I think I do, but honestly my feelings are so hard to read I don't even know. I want I want I want...and I can't find a way out of this cluster@#$%.

Happy, sending positive thoughts your way. Anxiety can do a big number on you, I know because I suffer from this myself. I believe you have the strength to get thru this outing. We all believe in you. If you feel you just can't tho, could you cancel? Avoiding triggers are key, they say, in recovery. I can't avoid mine unfortunalty, I have to live with them. Its a real challenge, so I understand your anxiety. Praying for you.