View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 02:09 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Blue: We only have this much water flow after a lot of rain! Jethro has installed drain pipes underneath the ground to help the water move along and not just end up standing water! This area is how my new cub cadet lawnmower ended up with the nickname The Beast! LOL There was one area that had tall weeds and grass in it along with some water. I was tired of mowing around it and decided to see exactly what my new lawnmower was capable of doing! I plowed right thru it sending wet grass flying everywhere! LOL I rushed inside and sent Jethro a message saying: "It's a BEAST!" A guy at work made the Beast stickers for him to put on the lawnmower! And the rest is history!

Jethro says that story is right up there with the day I called and said: "I have a truck load of dirt coming for the yard!" He wanted to know what size truck it was! Hell if I know! It's a large truck! Full of Free dirt for the yard! Where did he want it dumped? I said: "Well I could drive my small car underneath it! Does that help?" No! Hmmmmm He then wanted to know how many tires were on the truck! I counted 14! WHAT? Was his answer! LOL I get home with the truck behind me and hand the phone to the driver. Jethro could be heard yelling from the phone and then the laughter from both of them. The driver handed me the phone back and Jethro said: "Have him dump the dirt in the back beside the porch room here!" So? When Jethro got home he stood there shaking his head at the mound of dirt in front of him towering over the top of the house! LOL He said: "Baby? What were you thinking?" I said: "Well it was FREE!" And you said we needed some dirt back here! Here's the dirt and we didn't have to pay for it!

Those wire caps were a main stay at my parent's house! They were everywhere! My dad was a retired electrician! Here's a picture of them.

Okay! Back to work I go! And no it's not: I owe. I owe. It's off to work I go! LOL

TOD