View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 11:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DoubleDragons

Please Help Me with this Codie Behavior

I had a stranger act extremely irrational and upset with me over a traffic situation in which we both had to slam on our brakes. (in my opinion, it was both of our faults) There was no collision, etc, just one of those unnerving "just misses". Anyway, she went crazy scary on me, honking her horn incessantly, chasing me into the parking lot and taking a picture of my license plate. I stayed calm and polite, but inside of me, even an hour after it happened, I am still a mess and feeling guilty and sick to my stomach. For the first time in a long time, I am craving a drink. (I quit drinking almost 18 months ago.) Don't worry I am not going to drink, but I have such an automatic "go to" mindset that I am bad. I was enjoying the day immensely before this incident and there is a part of me that now thinks the tone has been sent and my weekend is going to suck. I had to call several people to assure me that I had done nothing wrong (totally insecure on my part, I know) and I feel like I am in a complete fog. Does this resonate with you all as ACOA behavior? What are some good tips to overcome this?

Thank You!