Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 03:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
maybear

Thank you. I am so disappointed. I got my actual husband (not the drunk version) back for two weeks and then lost him again. It is so painful, I know that I have to draw the line sometime, I guess I just have to wait and see what comes of this. He can't handle any kind of stress in his life and is so frightened of any kind of responsibility. He said that he started drinking because he was stressed about finding a job but he hadn't even started looking! Until he addresses these issues I'm not sure that he will be able to stop drinking.

I don't know if this is common but over the last couple of weeks of him being sober he had substituted the alcohol with soda. Lots of it. Maybe that was a relapse sign of some sort.

Anyway, I have no doubt that he would be having a pity party now and drinking big time again. I worry about his safety but it makes me feel safer to disconnect from him right now. Like I said I haven't heard from him so this is not too hard just at the moment.

Thanks for listening to me ramble. Friday nights home alone kind of suck, so much time to dwell.