View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
happytobealive1

You just did, Pouncer! Welcome. This thread is for all who are trying right now to get sober, whether through the cold turkey/lapse/cold turkey or deliberate taper methods. I suppose you could start counting when you stop drinking completely.

Congrats Djinn! That's a win.

Daily check-in: I'm still holding up. Finding myself thinking about a lot of things, more aware of my thoughts and feelings than I ever used to be. I also realized that I was really happy about the prospect of seeing some old friends, with whom I have often felt dorky and awkward and socially inept. But the last few times we've gotten together, I've been really able to be focus on relaxing, being myself, and being confident around them, which has made all the difference. My feelings often feel like murky little swamp lights---is that one over there? are we lost? which way is it pointing? Being able to feel this anticipatory joy, therefore, felt like a real breakthrough, of a kind that is happening more and more often these days. Life is a lot easier to navigate when you have a flashlight than when you have to rely on the weird little ghostlights that flicker behind the addictive smog.