View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
SpiritOfDjinn
One day at a time.

Hello fellow band members! It's been a great day 5 for this old soul. Had a productive day at work, got off early, and had a parent / teacher conference that went MUCH better than expected.

Normally I don't do well with those things. I can't stand it when teachers look down their nose at me like they could raise my kids better or some crap. Needless to say, nerves were **** and anxiety was spiking. AV chimed in at the most vulnerable moment with such gems as, "Wouldn't a stiff drink be great to cool off with after this?" and "This is gonna be SOOOO bad that you're gonna NEED a drink or two to come down."

Admittedly, I was a little flustered after it was over, just because I don't really do well socially. I stopped off to grab some smokes and a drink. Of course the place I stopped has rows and rows of booze in front of the drink coolers. When I started heading that way, my son was like, "Really Dad?" I nonchalantly walked right to the tea cooler and replied, "Really what? I can't have a bottle of sweet tea?" LOL!

I feel amazing right now! I'm ecstatic because last time I screwed up was Day 5. I know that the struggle isn't over but, man do I feel great!

I hope all my fellow members of the Marching Band are having great days as well!