View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 09:54 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  
cleaninLI

Hope everyone is having a nice day! I am! But kids are home! Teachers Inservice. I planned to go to the grocery store last night. But by the time I got there the store was closed! Hubs had taken a detour to Home Depot after work. They had this huge plant sale. He came home with this box filled with plants. Ha ha! Potting soil too. I am happy he enjoys doing things after work and around the house. Those are two things he didn't used to do at his old job. He would come straight home and either sit in front of the tv looking depressed and like a shell of a man or go to bed and pass out. Now he is stopping off at places he's interested in like Home Depot, harbor freight, or the art store. But what I don't like is when he begins a project he a) does it in an inappropriate room or area. B) does it half-way. C) leaves a huge mess behind. Last night he repotted plants in the bathroom. Leaving dirty potting soil all over the place! Plus, a few are not done and sitting in the bathtub. I realize he ran out of time...but when I mentioned the dirt all over he said he'd clean it as soon as he gets home tonight. Ugh! He knows I can't look at that all day and will clean it myself! Then the day before that he was painting and was using my dinner plates to mix paint on. I told him he has a specific plate type thing just for that. He said, he can't find it. Hmm...I wonder why? Because you never put things back after using them....and you never throw anything away. So you have gobs of junk mixed together with those few useful things that you would be able to find if you didn't have so much stuff!

Ok rant over. On a very good note though. I am seeing a totally different hubs each evening and weekend! He is busy doing things he enjoys. He is making plans again. Every word out of his mouth isn't about this or that pain and/or how he's not going to be around much longer...and all that depressing death talk! Which, quite frankly effects me and probably the kids too. We are laughing and enjoying a lot more! Even we are sleeping at the same times more frequently. That I believe has really brought us closer. Sleeping together in the same bed at night. There were many nights when we slept separate because of one thing or another. I'm not sure that is good for our marriage?
What's your opinion? Do any of you think it's healthier for your relationship to sleep together or separate? Or does it matter one way or the other?