Old 03-09-2015, 04:32 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
torquemax777
torquemax777

You're right lexie, he doesn't usually say until afterwards. But, to his credit, he will then (afterward) either admit that he had been craving since such and such event earlier in the day OR he will say, "I absolutely had no intention of drinking today, and even declined a few until I finally gave in..." So it can "just happen" and usually if I'm in tune, there's little hints throughout the day IF he is "planning" to drink. Sometimes they're even quite obvious like, " as much as I've been enjoying sobriety, a cold beer on a hot day still sounds mighty tasty." Stuff like that is now, if not a SURE sign he will be drinking again soon, it's definitely that "heads up" I was speaking of in the previous post. At any rate if he's doing the "euphoric recall" out loud and directly to me, I pretty much drop the "romantic dinner" plans right that minute! I know I've made progress though, because those remarks no longer invoke a panic response in me that has me firing off, "what do you mean? Are you going to drink today? What it's your plans?" Nope, now I just say to myself in my head, " yep, plan for an evening to yourself if he's here or not. " and if he gives me those "hints" I'm actually feeling indifferent anymore. Mostly I just shrug my shoulders and think, " cool! I'm eating leftovers tonight and watching that show he hates because it just turned into a 'me' night. " still have some work to do on me though when his drunks come unexpected and seemingly out of the blue.

Last edited by torquemax777; 03-09-2015 at 04:35 PM. Reason: typo