View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by Boleo View Post
Only goal I have seen work in the long run is - going to the grave sober. Everything else is transient.

thats for sure!

I have a simlier goal i want to live off the beaten path and work the land. People have said to me oh but what if this happens or that happens you'll get pissed off and get tired of that. Yes maybe I will and thats where the transient thing comes into play. Things are always changing. while I may desire this or that now sooner or later I may desire something else. I'm ok with it so long as it keeps me entertained but ultimately I need to be ok with just the way that things are.

I'm almost worried however. that as I become ok with what is and just how things are that i maybe become too lackadasical I know i spelled that one wrong! and too complacent. I worry I may end up less and less passionate about dreams and bright future as i simply become more ok with what is. and I have to wonder is that ok? will that be ok with those around me who are directly affected by this. will others be ok if my mindset is more more or less just along for the ride rolling with the punches rather then interested in grabbing the wheel and trying to drive.

or is all that transient too. I dunno.

I read this today.

In the land of I know there is always competitiveness, jelousy, pretence, pride and arrogance. It is an aggressive rhealm, the rhealm of the ego. I say refuse citizenship! in the land of "i dont know", the inhabitants move without conflict and are naturaly quiet, happy and peaceful. the wise stay here. --Before I am by mooji