View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
strategery

Originally Posted by scaredofchange View Post
that is a great question. I can't speak for everytime but I know on Saturday I actually said something along the lines of " I want to get f***cked up". it's irrational! if I imagine my nephew ever doing that or even my brother, who i have seen like that, I get sick and scared. I wish I could feel that way for myself (besides the day or two after).

thanks for talking with me
I completely get where you're coming from since I was a craft beer person too and my goal was usually to get annihilated as well. However, where is it coming from? I had a lot of different triggers that would make me want to pick up and had to learn to recognize them. Many of them were based on emotions or feelings of discomfort, stress, and annoyance.

However, I had to disengage allowing myself to drink alcohol. It's hard, but you know the weird thing? I found my stress level decreased significantly when I quit drinking. I no longer had to worry about picking up alcohol, where I was going to drink next, what I was going to drink next, when I could do it, or the aftermath of drinking too much alcohol.