View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 07:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LittleBirds3

How do I take the focus off AH?

Hi All -

My husband of 14 years is an alcoholic. We have 3 small children. Over the past 3 years, AH has done a lot of crappy, crappy things (stuff I am sure you are all familiar with). He didn't come home for days on end, said really terrible stuff about me to the kids, endangered the kids by driving drunk, etc... I asked him to move out in August. He did. I filed for divorce in September. His behavior has continued to decline. He broke into my emails and facebook and impersonated me. He steals my mail. He "went to rehab" several states away - turns out he was actually just staying with his brother and drinking. I mean, I could go on and on.

I guess what I am really struggling with is - how do I move on from my anger? I would love to take my focus OFF AH and focus on myself. Loosing weight, getting healthy, getting to a happy place with myself so my life can move forward. So I can be a better mom. But it is so much easier to focus on my anger with him. I am having trouble letting go of that anger to focus on myself.

So, how do I do that? How do I let go of him and focus on me? How do I let his actions not bother me?

Thanks for any help/advice!