View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 12:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
MelindaFlowers

I had to make not drinking alcohol my one and only goal for the first few months to calm myself and stay focused. Make that a year.

If anyone would have come to me like oh cool! You're sober let's buy bicycles and ride to yoga on the way to that hike and we should start a dance class....blah blah.... it would have driven me insane. I wish I was more proactive but I've achieved some solid sobriety (8 months)? This has felt like the most productive year of my life!

I think it's time I start branching out and setting some goals.

In fact four years ago when I try to stop drinking my guy got really excited and basically said what I typed above. Like oh let's get really in shape now and you can get in shape now and will go to the gym now......it was like fingernails on a chalkboard.

I am going to give myself a year before starting any new hobbies. Working full time is enough for me right now.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I needed a year to hit a huge PAUSE button. I needed my life to be very very quiet and calm. Even my time out in public is been somewhat limited I don't want to get overly stimulated if that makes sense.