View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
BlueChair

Clean is back today! Ah-ha now I see, she was shopping yesterday! This is completely acceptable! Do you only drink coffee in the morning? Im not a huge coffee drinker but I have a couple cups a day at least. When husbunny was in rehab they had a cool coffee machine, and before he came home, his parents bought us one like it. I think they were hoping to keep his mind off having a glass of wine. And at night a cup of coffee with the extra flavored creamers and some whipped topping is really good, and it goes great with snacks too.

Mr Blue wrote a couple things and we talked about the article. It has a lot of truths in there I think, and one important part it begins to explore but doesnt fully is how love does mature, and it takes two people working at it to keep a relationship healthy and happy. He was thanking me for understanding his own personal goals with his work, and for always encouraging him , and letting him know we are fine and he doesnt need to be torn or feel guilty. Then he assured me of his perspective and how all parts of life need to come together and in the end what we have is most important, and home is the center of his universe.

And today he and the other two guys from work talked and feel like they need to stay and work on Saturday in order to be prepared for what they need to do on Monday. If he came home he would still need to work and then turn around and come right back. So he wont be home this weekend, but hopefully the next one.

I sort of figured, due to the nature of what their doing, so its not a shock. Ive been keeping busy and I cant believe its already Thursday!

All this snow and ice must be really widespread. Its from NY all the way to where you are Tod.
I think its kinda funny your saying half a foot of snow is no big deal. Sounds like a lot to me! Wouldnt the little kids have to stand out in the snow for the bus? And maybe some walk to school? I can see them all with their little hats, mittens, and boots shivering out there! Wanting to be home playing with their ipads and gaming. Your kids have been home a lot this year Clean!

I dont understand why Jethro would keep so many computers, how did he even get that many to start with? It looks like he can fix anything, maybe he was taking them apart and using pieces, or at least he planned to! He should do repair work on the side, people are always needing help with stuff and dont know who to call. Plus apartments and condos always keep a list of handymen. When I had my apartment, there were a couple guys who responded to any issue from leaky faucets to window jams, plus we tipped them. I never knew how much they were supposed to get tho?

I thought your husband sounded authentic and sincere but ha! I knew you would be a better judge than me! His blackouts remind me of husbunnys anxiety attacks in a way. He cant think rationally, he can go blank like hes stuck processing information. He says he feels panicked and all rhese thoughts and feelingss rush at him and he feels it all swirling around, but hes out of control. Was it Clean who talked about the dream where she was running but was locked in slow motion? Reminds me of this!

The good thing about Craft is it teaches us about addiction and helps us understand a lot medically, emotionally, psychologically. I think we can relate and be better team players.
I bet its a cool feeling when you impress the doc with your knowledge several times in one session! But then there's the emotional hit we take for being so close. I think doing your own mapping is a good idea. I think its the same approach. Noticing our emotional state, when we begin to show physical signs of stress, and how we recover after something like a loop.

I make a lot of mistakes and wish I could do better with my H most the time. When he was having the paws, bad anxiety and neither of us were sleeping it was HARD. I kept telling myself it would get better because his doctors told me this, and I tried to work on my own thoughts, feelings, and take breaks emotionally. Like I dont have to be "on" all the time, and it was important to realize some of it was going to take time no matter what we did, so minimizing emotional harm was important. In a way I can relate to what your H said about his goal is to get through it because if its a brain internal processing thing (like an anxiety attack) once it starts it has to play out. Doing things to prevent escalating was key. I had to be calm because he was already panicking. If he felt my anxiety then it was one more thing spinning around him. Its hard to explain, hope my attempt makes some sense.

Ok, now we need our Butter! Maybe we should do a vacation countdown? Is it a week away? What if its still snowing and you cant get out!