View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 05:47 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
cleaninLI

We are already springing forward? Wow...idk why I forget that each year? Well, another 6 - 10 inches today! All schools here on Long Island are closed! That really isn't too much to be shutting down the schools!?! I'm from IL and I know for a fact they would never shut down schools for less than a foot? What is happening here? Maybe because it is coming down heavy right thru the morning commute? They don't want to get the busses out? Who knows but I really think they are wusses for shutting down schools for that small amount. It's not like they don't have the ploughs and salt? Probably it boils down to saving money?
All the holidays they observe plus snow days.....my kids have sat at home more than they've gone to school this winter! Ugh! Well, you know I'm not getting much time on here today! Once my youngest wakes up she'll be claiming this iPad! So I better post this ASAP. I'm just getting tired of winter! Tired of snow!

Well, yesterday my coffee pot went kaput! I can't complain though. It lasted me a good 10 years at least.....and I make tons of coffee! But a couple days ago I turned it on and nothing happened. The light came on so I know it was getting electricity but that was it. Soo my daughter and I went out to Walmart. Yep....Walmart! Lol I rarely go to Walmart but my daughter was driving and had a gift card she wanted to use to buy me a new coffee pot so I told her "alright then I'm right behind you!" Ended up picking up some boxes of Mac and cheese for only 89 cents. Not bad! Well, I have to say I was impressed by how inexpensive the Keurigs were! They had every type of coffee imaginable to go with it too! From Starbucks (Butter) to Seattle's Best to Dunkin Dounut (my favorite) with every single flavor including tea and not chocolate! Well New Yorkers sure love their coffee! After spending a half hour at least admiring the Keurigs I settled on a Black and Decker programable one on sale for only $17. My daughter set the timer for this morning at 7:50 am. I woke up excited thinking to see my coffee already brewed? Nope! Not sure what happened but it must have been shut off? Will try again tomorrow. Ha!

Ok...I've been up for awhile this morning. Awoke thinking kids were going to school. But they aren't so there is no use for me to be up this early either. Going back to bed!

I'll try to get back later.

Hope you all are having a great Thursday!