View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 02:53 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  
Joe Nerv

Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
Will I get thrown out or talked down to if I tell them I am on Naltrexone and that for me there is no higher power than my conscious brain?
Well, if the only reason you're going there is to get your paper signed then tell them anything you want. Including the fact that you're only there to get your paper signed. People will treat you accordingly.

If you'd like to become part of the group, that's a different story. There IS however actually a requirement for membership in AA. Only one. That you have a desire to stop drinking. If you do in fact have that, then I'd say focus on that as opposed to the Naltrexone and HP beliefs. Nobody is going to ask you to fill out any questionnaires, or require you to tell them anything. Some people believe it's a good idea to just sit and listen anyhow. As the cliche goes, "Take the cotton out of our ears, and put it in our mouths."

And the only way I know of getting thrown out of an AA meeting is to be really disruptive. In 30 years of meetings, I've seen it happen only once, and it's because the guy was making the meeting impossible to continue.