View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 01:05 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  
BlueChair

I was worried and thinking about you today. Thanks for updating!

It sounds productive, and also like hes engaged in the process. Different than the other day when he threatened to quit. I feel like he is authentic in these sessions. Is this how you feel?

I see one thing. His goal is to get through these arguments and mental loops as successfully as possible with what sounds like least amount of damage to himself, you/kids.
Your goal is to avoid their ever happening, and I think yesterday you were truthfully expressing how hard they are on you emotionally.

With what hes describing about himself and his current level of ability, I think he's on track knowing its going to be a long process, and each time this happens its going to be a precarious situation for both of you. How do you feel about this from your own emotional standpoint? Are u going to be able to use the traffic light system to help you avoid your own emotional breaking points?

With my H and his anxiety attacks, insomnia and his mood changes, I kept trying to find my healthy emotional baseline where I wasnt going up and down with him all the time. This is the part where Im thinking did the doctor have ideas how you can keep the emotional balance? Because it hard being on the side where from one interaction to the next you are responding to unpredictable behavior. It takes a lot of bounce on our part sort of, do u know what I mean?

I think the session went really well but I know a lot of the emotions can come after too. Are you feeling ok now?