View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Verte
pray for strength

Originally Posted by EHoll1421 View Post
I finally accepted the fact that I have an issue. Now that I've done this, where do I go from here? The person I'm in a relationship with doesn't think they have an issue, I'm the only one, so I'll be the only one to stop. Is it possible to continue a relationship where one person is sober and the other is not? I'm new to all this and any advice will help. Thanks!
Hi EHoll,

You are ahead of where I was when I arrived on SR's doorstep. When I realized that I needed to change there was no going back, only forward without alcohol. Honestly, I had no idea what to say to my husband because I had no idea where I was heading or what it would look like. And I imagined if the situation were reversed and just moving forward slowly without alcohol seemed like the best course of action for me.

I just did it. Stopped drinking but did not really talk about it throughout the day and it helped that we were really busy. I was still 'me' just not alcohol soaked by 8pm. My husband was intrigued and we talked about it periodically and moved forward from there.

You can do this and live well! Welcome to SR.