View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 11:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
jcw1964
Let go and let God

Originally Posted by ojaihali
I'm in a similar place too. I've gone to one meeting which was not the best experience and it really upset my H that I went. We're both in and out of denial. Do I go to a meeting if it's going to destroy him? I'm sorry I'm not really helping you. I think I need a lot of help with this. It's very new for me.
Getting by,
No problem with the support. I have needed it in the past and will in the future. We join each other here to help when another needs it.

Ojaihali,
You going to a meeting will not destroy him. How can something that will help you be a better person destroy him. Even if it was destructive, anything you do wont destroy him unless he chooses to let it!!! Just like anything he does wont destroy you or your family unless you let it. You can remove yourself and kids (if you have any) from a dangerous situation (not saying divorce, just remove until danger is resolved). You are the only one that you can control. You cant control him, you cant make him use and you cant make him quit.
I have found so much help and support from going to face to face meetings. I have learned something about myself everytime I go. Meetings are so wonderful.
You are not alone and you have come to the right place for help and support. With that said, you are the only one that can determine what kind of environment you want to live in.
Be honest with yourself and listen for God's direction for your life.
Thanks
Jeff