View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 04:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
GettingBy

Ahh... It was a SLIP (serenity losing it's priority!!) last night! I fell into the same old indulgences. Good news though... as soon as I wrote the second post, I re-read it and said, "Wait a minute! YOu don't HAVE to sit here and dwell. Go to the meeting, and who cares if your late!" Now that's the HP talking!

SO I went and I'm so grateful that I did. The shares I got to hear seemed to answer every question and concern that I had at that moment! I love my God's patience with me! What's even funnier is I'm pretty certain he's been trying to tell me to slow down lately. I've been pushing the pace of my life and there have been subtle message to "take it easy"... but I didn't listen! Well...

On the way back from the meeting, I wasn't paying attention AT ALL to how I was driving. I came through a spot in our Village, speed limit 30, and I was doing 55!!! What was I thinking?!?! Well because I just wasn't listening to him, God had to send a cop to get my attention! DOH!

Luckily, his messenger was very patient, loving, and understanding. He asked me where I was coming from and when I told him, he said, "So you're probably not having a good day?" and at that I broke down and admitted that my life was out my control and yes, today had been a bad day. He was very kind about it and let me go home with a warning... "Do me a favor? The next time you get behind the wheel and try to drive somewhere, make sure you have your full attention on what your doing."

Good advice in deed. How many times have I driven through life with no clear focus on where I'm going and what I'm doing? Next time I have a decision to make, I'll wait until I have my clarity before getting back on the road of life!!

Thanks Jeff and Walking the Line! It's that support that is the real secret to how Al-anon works!!
:-) Shannon