View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 11:46 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  
Conquest

Good day, everyone!

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling a little better Venus. I know first hand that stress can manifest in physical ways. My stressors usually show up on my face as monster zits. I've even named them before. Lol
Other times, I've ended up with flu-like symptoms, just achy, tired, clammy... Stress is pretty powerful. That's why we've gotta just keep taking care of the things that we can control or influence and letting go of the things that we can't control. It's all we can do, ya know?

In church this morning, a pretty lady that looked like she'd lived an especially hard life (I say that respectfully. Sometimes, you can just see it when you look at a person, ya know?), sat in front of me. The scent of vodka and stale cigarettes was overwhelming. Throughout the service, she took several sips from a water bottle that only added to the smell... It hurt my heart and I wanted so badly to hug her and tell her about our online community. After thinking and praying about what to do, I decided to simply smile and introduce myself. I told her I was new there and had enjoyed it the last few weeks. She told me she attends regularly so hopefully, I'll see her next week too. Who knows? Maybe one day I'll get the opportunity to share with her. For now, I think reaching out as a new friend was a good thing.

The struggle is so real. I was reminded of that this morning. And I'm so thankful and hopeful for each of us. Please keep at it friends! Big hugs all around