Old 02-27-2015, 07:29 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
alphaomega
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Finally I got the chance to sit down and really pour over and masticate all this delicious wisdom Being a passionate lover of the human condition, it fascinates me how many ways there can be to successfully skin a cat.

I am an emotional train wreck right now. Raw and vulnerable, and therefore, malleable and easily influenced. I'm glad I reached out. Some comments stung, most comforted, and all were well received.

I truly believe, in my heart of hearts, she dropped the ball. She came out swinging and assuming that I had self sabotaged. Demanding something counterintuitive to my own process. She's an alternative therapist in that she's rather uber spiritual in her approach which I cottoned to right away.

If I shared some of our conversations, yall would think I'm bat sh1t for even entertaining a second session. Yes Robby, I'm a tough one, but I thought I had found someone who "really got me" warts and all. I'm far from "clinical" only in that I'm an anomaly due to my out there philosophies and approach to the life experience in general.

I never lied. Not once. I never falsified my sobriety or lack thereof.

And as far as alcoholics being "tough cases" for therapists, I'm calling bullcorn on that one. She's an ADDICTION counselor for cry eye. If you can't hang with the big dogs, get off the mother loving porch.

We made progress with me processing my PTSD. For that, I'm grateful. But to tout yourself as a hypnotherapist (I was easily hyponotised btw) with a metaphysical approach (including all things Guides, Angels, God, Buddah, Father Sky, Mother Earth woo woo shenanigans) and repeatedly enforcing the To thine own self be true, it really pulled the rug out from under me when all of a sudden there were no options but hers.

I'm getting over it, but I'm hurt. That's ok.

I tend to do my best work when slightly bruised.