Old 02-27-2015, 02:03 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
IOAA2

Hi.
The meaning of sober on this site and in definitions is having NO alcohol and or drugs in our system.
IMO sober is when we are “healthy in mind and emotions.” This takes far more than putting down the drink/drug. It requires work and changes in our thinking and actions. Stopping drinking is only the tip of the iceberg, there is so much more to work on.

Joe N hit so many nails on the head, most probably won’t even consider them. IMO they will suffer and relapse, relapse, relapse and disappear into the misery alcohol gives us.

The fellowship shows us how to live in a manner not many here have experienced since we started drinking.

I’ve been in the fellowship many years and the benefits have been beyond my dreams come true.
The big thing is being comfortable in my own skin and being able to handle in a more healthy manner life on life terms. Both the good and not so good. Life happens.

I have a close friend who I go fishing with and we share in the moments things are slow. He is considered a very good therapist and considers alcoholics the most difficult people to deal with.

We do have a reputation of being dishonest and having things our way even after being shown it doesn’t work. Long ago I heard “alcoholics have low self esteem and super egos.”

JMO
BE WELL