View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Serotonin

first adult counseling session today

Today I'm meeting with a counselor through a low/no income clinic. I'm a little nervous, not so much. I'm kind of at a place where I feel like what is the point of being nervous, my life has been s*** for a while, mostly at my own doing. I'd like to make the most of it, and this is where I run into a problem. It takes me time to get comfortable completely opening up. It's easier online where I remain relatively anonymous. Trusting a complete stranger with total honesty is going to be a challenge. Talking about my relationships, my drinking, drug use, suicidal thoughts etc. Fortunately the longer I have been abstinent from substance abuse the less I think about suicide and self harm. However I have been isolated recently in my personal like. I deactivated my facebook account recently.

Any suggestions how I should approach this first session? Full disclosure scares me, yet I'm getting the feeling that that's what I will need to do to get the best out of this. Any thoughts, suggestions? Thanks