View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Carlotta
Behold the power of NO

You got some good feedback here. Stay connected with SR and also look up now some relaxation techniques/tapes on you tube that you can play on your cell/tablet when you are away.

Even if you are not into AA(not sure if you are or not), I would suggest that you call the local inter group and find out about the local AA meetings. When you get there, hit a meeting immediately and introduce yourself as visiting under difficult circumstances (no need to be specific in the meeting >which are confidential anyway<) and mention that you could really use a couple of phone numbers from the other ladies.

Like that between SR on the net and those numbers in real time you will have a lifeline ready if you start really obsessing about drinking. If you are not in AA, don't worry about it someone will still come through. I have yet to see an alcoholic in recovery turn his/her back on another former drunk in need.

If you have not already done so, I d also recommend you read a bit about AVRT so you are able to identify your AV as soon as it raises its ugly head and address it accordingly.
It comes in really handy in a crunch when they are no other people in recovery nearby and you are craving.

Anyway, you ll be taking us with you on your phone. Why not start also a thread where you check in during your trip and where we can drop by to support you?

You can do it!