View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
mecanix
That bell or bike person

When i was drunk i missed a lot of things .

now i'm sober i don't feel guilty when i deliberately miss out on things that might take me anywhere near drinking again .

I'd not tell you to go or stay, that's your call .

What i would say is that my sobriety is the most jealously guarded thing i have as it means my very life to me . I never try to risk it or tough it out , i stick to my plans and if i feel at risk i just get out of there and go back to my sober routine at home .

I feel well within my rights to "pull a sickie" drop or avoid things , most people don't have a deadly drinking habit to deal with , if they have an issue with what i do then it's generally their problem and lack of understanding not mine .

If this place is large enough to have a court house it's probably large enough to have AA meetings , you are not alone , you can plan safety exits all along the way if you take this journey .

From here see no good reasons to drink, only bad ones .

When big stuff is going down i try to take it day by day , try not to project to far into the future , try not to over think past traumas .

What have i done for my sobriety today is what i ask myself when i'm over thinking stuff .

Bestwishes, m