View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 05:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

Slothy....you are in the grieving mode...the very sharp, early phase.
Remember what I say so often? Short-term pain for long-term gain. This pain that you are feeling is normal and expected for your situation. The thing is...there is no way around it....only through it. How do I know?....I have been there.

What helps?
1.Stay as structured as possible...make a schedule for each day and push yourself to do the necessary things..and reward yourself for each baby step.

2. Get your emotions out--not matter how unsavory they are. Go to the wailing wall and cry/scream it out. Write your feelings down on paper...and then butn them if you want to. Talk to people who can understand wh at you are going through.

3. Make a list of the worst things about the relationship and how awful they felt to you.
Carry it with you at all times. Read it over and over when you feel the urge to contact (especially).***this seems to help people the most!

4. Try to eat and sleep on schedule. Even if it is only tea and toast.

5. Exercise....walking is good. Walk until you feel physically tired. This helps get out the negative energy and helps you sleep better.

6. GET SUPPORT. A support group like Celebrate Recovery or alanon, for instance.
get a personal therapist or counselor to help you through this. It is no accident that those m embers who get through this kind of pain and go on to thrive... will almost, invariably, report that they could not have done it without this kind of help.

You will survive this, and this pain will not go on forever like this.
Read the stories of all the others who have been where you are and broke free--draw your strength from their stories that were put here for you....

dandylion