Thread: day 14 today :)
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ItsJustMe89

day 14 today :)

Hey everyone!

I was posting on SR about 3 months ago but my laptop broke so I haven't been able to use the site for a while. I got a new laptop today and Im really happy to be able to use SR again

Today was day 14 for me. This is the longest I have stayed sober since I started trying to quit about 5 months ago. So I am pretty excited to be on the right track. I know that it is easier to stay sober then to get sober and when I relapse it takes a while before I get on track again. So really want to stick with it this time and give myself the chance to improve my life and find happiness.

One thing I have noticed is when I was drinking I had no interest in deserts or candy. My alcohol was my "desert" and there was plenty of sugar in that. And when I was drinking I craved salty things and meat. Now that I am not drinking I have really been enjoying sweet things. Calorie filled deserts that I never ate when I was drinking. But I am gaining weight and I am already over weight to begin with. Its almost as if I am replacing my alcohol abuse for over indulgence in deserts. I have been letting myself do this because at least I am not drinking. But it is not something I can continue. I am going to need to work on balance and moderation.