View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
1stepup

Thanks for your honesty ClearEyes so glad your back on track, I've never managed 6months but can relate to the self sabotage aspect of your post.

I have felt like a failure at recovery in the past but I feel Ive learnt from past mistakes and come back stronger in my resolve to stay sober one day at a time. Pushed it to the absolute limit and put my brain and body through some serious self abuse which I wish I had avoided. Finally, finally realise that alcohol does not enhance my life, mood or character one little bit in fact it erodes them all among other things....

So glad to be sober, its a miracle for me as an alcoholic to truthfully say that I haven't thought, needed or wanted alcohol today.

My girls loved the cinema and I enjoyed it too, Im truly blessed to have them in my life. When I was in the midst of booze I only lived to have the next drink, life past me by and its so good to be the real me again and I want to grow more and I will do that if I don't drink, Im actually excited by that!

Love and best wishes A-team.