View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 10:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marcus

I had to eventually give up the booze. It was a BIG part of the problem. From your earlier posts you said your husband has been on Suboxone over 5 years and runs out early and spends extra money to get more plus is drinking on top of it (which we all know is not free either).

I am not sure what opiate your husband was on before the Sub, but sounds to me like his addiction is still going strong. So I guess to your question should you be concerned. Concerned he is going to die? Concerned he is still abusing drugs and drinking? Concerned he is spending money that could be used towards your family and son on his addiction?

I would definitely be concerned if I was in your shoes. It sounds like you are trying to make changes to better your life, but your husband isn't on board to do the same. Nothing changes if nothing changes and unfortunately if you just sit back and watch you could be posting the same thing or worse a few years down the road.

So if he refuses to change and you have had enough your concern shouldn't be on what is he doing to himself, but what are you going to do for yourself and your son. Denial can be strong, but I would bet your husband recognizes he is still on a downward spiral and prescribed or not abusing medication and drinking on top of it is still active addiction. The thinking / mindset is still the same. Plus it sounds like you are supporting that addiction financially.

Take care of yourself and your son!!!