View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
honeypig

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
In recovery, many of us still fear problems. We may spend more time reacting to a problem than we do solving it. We miss the point; we miss the lesson; we miss the gift. Problems are a part of life. So are solutions.

A problem doesn't mean life is negative or horrible. Having a problem doesn't mean a person is deficient. All people have problems to work through.
This part was especially golden for me. Any time a problem arises, I want to fix it right now and put it behind me. And yes, in my rush to return to the desirable state of "no problems", I DO miss the point, I DO miss the lesson, and I most certainly miss the gift!

We've all heard a zillion times how a problem is really just an opportunity to learn and grow. Have you guys been able to take this to heart? I know I sure haven't--I give that idea lip service and no more...

These daily postings have just been amazingly on point for me lately--or else I just have so much work to do that it doesn't matter what the reading is, it applies!

Thanks to everybody who's walking this path with me.