Old 02-20-2015, 11:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
gdev99

Sorry to give my usual spiel...but since we always have new folks I guess I can keep giving my advice!

Basically I had the same experience. And it was dangerous. Because whenever I sort of felt "blah" or even a little "down" I would always think of booze since it would make me feel better. If you are at all, like I was, a person who drank because it made them "feel good" then I have some advice. Folks like us need to satisfy that "pleasure seeking" aspect to ourselves. And it doesn't have to be bad and it certainly isn't a character flaw. In fact, it can make us better people. I highly recommend combining your new sobriety with ditching any other bad/unhealthy habits you may have (nicotine, soft drinks, junk food, etc.). Then I suggest you really consider eating a more plant based diet, less meat, more exercise, and perhaps even juicing. Now I never used to be a "health nut" or anything and if you would have told me these things 6 months ago I would have laughed. But the fact is...far from being a health nut hippie type...I discovered this "healthy living" thing to be a perfect substitute for booze. It actually physically and mentally makes you feel so darn GREAT that it gives me the same "high" that alcohol used to (even more).

Just a thought...and don't even get me started on Teavana...check it out lol! : )