View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
One more thing from him and I would retain an attorney.

I understand. My X was having a poor me pity party to me just yesterday before all things blew up later on. It really ticks me off b/c they just need to put on their big boy britches and move forward with things. Ugh.....

Hugs my dear friend. This will pass eventually.....
Thank you! He is communicating (finally) about how things with the house are going. He is in touch with the brokers for his parent's estate so that he can pay me my share of the equity and he said the appraisal has been ordered yesterday AM.

At least he's functioning enough to get some things done. I am sure that if I had put this off another year, that might not be the case.

I'm currently having trouble with my son wanting to spend time at his house, though. He is willing to have dad take him to his practices and lessons and out to dinner, but he balked when I suggested he spend an hour at dad's house yesterday between high school tennis practice and his private lesson. I had to drive back to the high school and bring him back to my house and then have AH pick him up. Kind of a pain as I had a fe things to do.

Since we are in the transition period of 'separated but not divorced yet' the parenting plan isn't really in place and I'm not sure he really cares. We decided on having our son spend every other weekend with him and one day/evening a week and then have them spend time together as needed when I need help with the schedule or if they want to go play tennis together, etc.

Our next meeting with the mediator will be a discussion about the parenting plan and following up on solidifying the support numbers, etc. Gee, that will be fun.

I've decided to stick with mediation. Once I cooled off and he followed through on his end with a few things, I realized that I just need to be patient. The moving out was the hardest part and I feel so much peace being here. I can't tell you all how grateful I am for being here. It was worth the price I've paid to get here, you know?