Thread: Tough Day
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
livinginhope

Tough Day

My AV was crafty and persuasive today. I am snowed in and I have been restless. I am usually always on the go. I did a lot of reading today, I cooked some beans, I cleaned up the house. The roads are still bad, and I got stuck twice trying to get off my block. It looks like tomorrow will be another no go.

There is a convenience store a block away, and it is open. I could get a twelve pack and be back in less than ten minutes. I thought of all the great stuff I could do. I'd put on a movie, and drink my concerns away.

No. I wanted to. Badly. So badly. Being stuck here is very bad for me. Activity and being out and about is my biggest defense.

I got through the day. I ate a lot, which usually makes me stop thinking about drinking. I thought about downing a few sleeping pills, but I don't want to go down that road either.

The AV sneaks up when we least expect it. I wanted to get that beer so badly that it hurt. Even while I know good and well it would be catastrophic for me.

I'm off to bed to read a few more chapters, and then it is off to dreamland. Thanks for listening.