Notices

Tough Day

Old 02-17-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tough Day

My AV was crafty and persuasive today. I am snowed in and I have been restless. I am usually always on the go. I did a lot of reading today, I cooked some beans, I cleaned up the house. The roads are still bad, and I got stuck twice trying to get off my block. It looks like tomorrow will be another no go.

There is a convenience store a block away, and it is open. I could get a twelve pack and be back in less than ten minutes. I thought of all the great stuff I could do. I'd put on a movie, and drink my concerns away.

No. I wanted to. Badly. So badly. Being stuck here is very bad for me. Activity and being out and about is my biggest defense.

I got through the day. I ate a lot, which usually makes me stop thinking about drinking. I thought about downing a few sleeping pills, but I don't want to go down that road either.

The AV sneaks up when we least expect it. I wanted to get that beer so badly that it hurt. Even while I know good and well it would be catastrophic for me.

I'm off to bed to read a few more chapters, and then it is off to dreamland. Thanks for listening.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job on getting through that. Sounds like a tough day.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good job putting your AV on the page crush it any oppurtunity you hear it by coming on here

You done really good not drinking livinginhope
Old 02-17-2015, 04:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you for knowing that your AV is trying to get you. You can get through this and remain sober. Being stuck inside is a nuisance, but hopefully you can find some things to do this evening and tomorrow.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I wish I could help you people out east, we haven't had much snow here in the Midwest.Good job on staying away from alcohol, I have the same situation here,bars & mini marts within a short walk from my home.We gotta stay tough!
Old 02-17-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on making it through the day without drinking. Eating a little extra is better than drinking....think lots of us have been doing it this winter !