View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by trikuza View Post
It's great having a clearer perception of things. I think my lifestyle is just so different than it was that I feel like i'm living someone else's life. I feel uncomfortable in my own skin at times, even though i'm so appreciative of what I have now.

I've been taking in so many new experiences with staying sober, meetings, etc that I definitely do feel unsteady.

I think the memory of my struggles and who I was in the past bothers me. I also worry about losing what I have now.
all totally normal. I went through the same thing and at 3+ years sober i still worry what if i slip up? what if i drink? what if i ruin this? who is this person I've become? is this ok? am I doing this right? I am making the right choices right?

ITs been tough too in my case when i make a mistake i can feel really terrible I think gee i'm working so hard OMG how could i do this or that. I had to realize life is not perfect.

Its ok to be bored and not have much excitement enjoy the peace that comes with that.

There was a guy at a part sitting alone with no one to talk too. the host came over and asked are you enjoying yourself? He said yes thats the only thing i'm enjoying at this party.

So its ok to be bored and just enjoy yourself.