View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 11:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
allforcnm

A new thread and a whole lot of posting.. TOD appears to be feeling better and getting all caught up.. LOL

Butter - How are you? I understand now about B, and the decision about facebook. Of course you feel sad.. any idea why he made the decision to delete it, and gave a pre-warning? I gave up my FB when my husband was sick and I didn't want probing questions.. LOL.. Ive thought about adding it back because I could post pics of my son, but I really don't want to keep up with it. I have too much to do as it is.. LOL

I think you must be coming back soon; Im sure its a hard thing for you to do. Im thinking of you & your whole family during this very emotional time.

SVL - I forgot to answer your question about my son and the dentist.. he has been going since he was an infant.. LOL The pediatrician suggested he go in for an oral checkup when he was only a few months old.. and then he went back when he was teething.. one time I took him when I thought his tooth was stuck and not growing fast enough.. .LOL First time mom.. I was informed it was fine, and it was... But he doesn't like to go.. the dentist tries to make a game of it, and we do practice with his brushing.. Ive tried for us all to brush together, for him and his dad to do it. special brushes and it seems like the toothpaste makes the biggest impact on him.. colorful, and little Dixie cups with pictures.

I don't think he would part with store bought valentines day cards either... I had trouble parting with some of those when I was a kid.. You guys may find this surprising (not) but I never wanted to get rid of any of the ones that had animals on them. The others not big deal...

I have some antique valentines day cards passed down to me from great grandparents and they were so ornate... not sure what era I think maybe the Victorian, so much hand work on them. He doesn't get to play with those.

TOD, a quick question.. very nice update you gave on your history of pills and what it felt like to be trapped in there.. but happy the feather kids were able to reach you... so looking at a bunch of your posts just trying to understand.. you don't need to go into detail reply because generally 12 step topics are off topic for our forum.. but I want to understand your history.. so you used NA for fellowship with people in recovery.. even met you 3rd husband ( the abusive one) at an NA meeting, but you never did the step part... but you don't go to meetings anymore, instead you use SR for recovery support.. did I get that right.? Im trying to get all caught up.. never really knew your history.. and during the majority of your pill use you were still in the military service and kept getting re-deployed? Jethro was never in the military was he?

I have usually written Clean's name Cleanin... I don't know how I got started abbreviating it that way.. Blue told me a while back it was easier to type Clean.. LOL.. I tried it a few times.. but you know me I like to be different.. I should switch and we can all be consistent?

Hope your feeling ok Blue.. its nice of you to make cookies for you parents and inlaws.. special plans for Valentines Day?

We miss you Eyes, hope your ok.

Cleanin... I know what you mean about the words.. I feel proud of my son the more he keeps learning and talking better.. able to do more for himself but at the same time it makes me feel sad that hes growing up. Hes at the most adorable age right now. I guess we are growing up together and I will be ready for it as he continues.. but Im not sure...

I still haven't watched the Project Runway finale.. I got caught up on a couple before that I had missed.. and then I fell asleep on the couch. LOL so I still have it to look forward to, and told them at work.. don't tell me who won..

I cant speak to alcohol or smoking addiction.. but I know when trying to give up Dr Pepper and the sugar.. 24 hours at a chunk can seem like a long time.. the initial thought of never having another Dr Pepper is almost impossible to comprehend.. obviously its not as critical that I stick to that.. and well I didn't.. Im drinking it again.. LOL ... but my point is sometimes giving up something can be moment by moment.. make a commitment just for that day.. I think however in time that sort of dissipates for most people.. cravings subside, new skills and habits are formed and its better not to live day by day... its just what is...

Happy to know you like the book thread Cleanin... its a good book for all of us.. my husband liked it too. I will get to another chapter soon as I can... not sure who is reading it, but its got a lot of views.. LOL It strongly replicates what I was taught about addiction.. and its consistent with what science and research has validated about the whole process.

Happy Valentines Day to everyone... not sure I will be here tomorrow.. hope you all have a good day.. and here comes the best part.. after Valentines Day candy will be at least 1/2 off the day after.... time to stock up. LOL